Rope guard cutters
For every vessel rope guards are the protection barrier for propeller shafts shielding them against line entanglement and damage on the shaft seal system. Typically rope guards are attached by means of welding or bolted with locking wires in place.
DIVING STATUS can offer you customized solutions for maintenance of rope guards, which are adapted to any vessel and may include the following components:
- Installation of rope guards (underwater welding operations)
- In water sealing of rope guards for internal stern tube seal replacements
- Removal of entangled ropes and nets
- Installation or replacement of rope guard net cutters (knives) made of steel, stainless steel, or aluminium
ROPE GUARD CUTTERS
Replacement and installation of rope guard cutters is an important task.
DIVING STATUS is designing and building rope guard cutters for many decades.
Our products are operated successfully all over the world on many motor- and sailing yachts, on marine and governmental vessels, on patrol boats as well as various special service crafts in offshore or offshore.
All components are designed in line with the regulations of the requested classification society, e.g. ABS, DNV-GL, LRS, ClassNK, BV, RINA, KR, CCS, RS.
- Net or line cutting knives fixed on to the rope guard or propeller
- Manufactured from high grade (316) Stainless Steel
- Easy to install for new-build and retrofit
The net cutter knives are circular bolted or welded on to the rope guard or propeller.
Fishing lines or nets, which may rotate with the propeller, will be cut before they can enter the space between aft seal and rope guard
The net cutters are inspected / replaced at every dry dock service
We look forward to supporting you during the project phase and are happy to answer your questions. Please contact us so we can give you a commercial offer.